Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NSBA's and T+L's "20 to Watch" 2009


I just returned from the National School Boards Association Technology + Learning Conference in Denver, CO where I was very honored to be named one of NSBA’s “20 to Watch“. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the other winners including Dyane Smokorowski of Kansas and Robert Miller of Port Orange, Florida.

Brian Nichols, principal, of Newport News Public Schools and I had a great discussion on co-teaching practices. Knox County has just embarked on an endeavor to expose children who receive special education services to more of the general education curriculum, and co-teaching is the model we are using. Brian's school has been using the model for some time, and I am excited at the prospects of what we can do together.

Michael Baker, On-Line Learning Coordinator, South Side Area School District, Pennsylvania, is certainly passionate about what his district is doing, and we discovered that we have many personal PLN connections.

Eighteen of the twenty were at T+L, but with all we were doing, we still didn't have the opportunity to connect as much as I would have liked. I hope to continue the discussions we started in Denver and begin new ones.

No comments: