Wednesday, January 21, 2009

7 THINGS MEME

Well, I am finally getting around to posting 7 things you might not know about me.  I have been tagged twice that I know of, originally by Patti Harju and then by Mark Dunk.  The idea of the meme is to post 7 things that people may not know about you.  Here are the rules:
  • Link your original tagger (s) and list these rules on your blog.
  • Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
  • Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on Twitter or Plurk.
I should say that I have been thinking hard about the seven things I want to post about myself and let you all know about me, but alas I would by lying.  I am finding it difficult to decide, so hear it goes!

  • I was married at the young age of 20, okay, I was almost 21.  That was the second time.  My husband and I ran away to Vegas when I was only 19, and we didn't tell anyone.  My mom who recently got into researching her family tree (thank you internet) found our marriage license on the internet--whoops!  Our secret is out.
  • I originally went to school to become a civil engineer.  Plans were to go work with my dad and join the family construction and design business.  Over 200 college credits later I got my BS in History with an elementary education minor.
  • There were two schools that I attended in my K-12 education.  I guess I can find myself lucky on that one!  I went to Justice Street Elementary K-6 and Chaminade College Preparatory 7-12.
  • Suspense movies are my favorite!  I usually can't stand "chick flicks."  Any occasional one will tear me up, but not many.  All time favorite movie--Silence of the Lambs!
  • I am a MMA fan.  I'm not sure that is much of a secret, but I LOVE it!  My husband says he is one lucky man--he has a woman who loves football and MMA.
  • Changing gears with this one--none of my grandparents ever met my children.  My maternal grandmother died when my 13 year-old was only 3 months from birth.  I still have the blanket that she started knitting, and I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to have my mom finish it.  It is special just how it is.
  • Last but not least--a quirky tidit--the closest I get to Hollywood is Paige from Extreme Home Makeover.  She was a high school friend, but we haven't talked since our sophomore year in college.  I wish her all the best, but it looks like she is doing just fine!

Okay, so now for the really hard part.  I am so late to this post that I am afraid that I will be unable to tag anyone--but have they posted yet?  So here it goes!  I tag, in no particular order:

5 comments:

Tim said...

Married twice, huh? What a great story! Thanks for sharing. I hope to post my meme soon.

Sharon Elin said...

I loved this! Your first fact was amazing, especially your mom finding out your "secret"! Was she upset with you for not sharing it before she found out? ... and the baby blanket your grandmother started before she died still unfinished: I totally get that. Sounds like a poignant memento! Thanks for sharing!

K. Shelton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Shelton said...

Thanks for sharing and of course being the 8th person to tag me. LOL, will get a post up soon. Never thought you would have yours up before mine =)

mantz's_mission said...

Teryl,

Thanks for sharing the additional insight. I too understand that feeling of wanting a special grandparent to have met our children. I posted a situation about my grandfather on my 7 things meme. You deserve to save and cherish the blanket for it is things just like it that can brighten the darkest day. Best wishes in 2009.