Thursday, January 22, 2009

BECOME A DEN STAR


What does being a DEN STAR mean to you? My PLN started with Discovery and has grown tremendously over the past two years. I would have never thought I would communicating with educators from across the "pond" or even across the country. The walls of the classroom have definitely grown for me thanks in huge part to the relationships that I have developed as a STAR Discovery Educator.

Conversations in Twitter and Plurk have led me to this post. Just how do you become a STAR and why would I want to do it? Well, it really is fairly simple. You need to have an account with DE Streaming first and foremost. After that it really is easy. Just follow the directions on the website "Be a STAR Discovery Educator." Watch the movie, take a quiz, and host two events. It is that simple!

So, what do you get out of it? Why would any educator want to be a STAR? Why wouldn't you? Here are just a few reason to become one: exclusive promotions and contests, special events exclusively for STARS, personal blogs, access to field managers, training toolboxes, and a fabulous PLN! I hope to see you soon as a STAR.

No comments: